This month’s ADI magazine is jam-packed with stats from research carried out by organisations in the motoring industry. Test your knowledge and see how well you know your trade by reading our top 10 stats from October’s adiNEWS.
The monthly magazine is designed to deliver news to driving instructors giving them the latest reviews, CPD advice and more.
October’s edition of adiNEWS is focussed on tyre safety as the not-for-profit organisation – TyreSafe – run their annual campaign this month too. Let’s kick start our top 10 motoring stats countdown with a tyre related statistic from RAC.
- In 2012, RAC responded to 87,000 breakdowns involving a puncture on a vehicle that did not have a spare
- More than 1 in 10 football fans have had an accident or near accident while driving and listening to football commentary (confused.com)
- Britons spend 7.9% of their monthly wages on fuel for their cars (Daily Mail)
- Since the pub licensing laws were relaxed in 2005, there have been 1,643 fewers accidents (Lancaster University Management School)
- Almost 80% of drivers have wished a police officer was present to witness reckless driving (PoliceWitness.com)
- Plus 65% wished they had an on-board camera to film other people’s bad driving (PoliceWitness.com)
- 48% of Britons intentionally avoid parrallel parking because of a lack of confidence
- There has been a 10% increase year-on-year in the number of cracked windscreens because of rising temperatures (Autoglass)
- 2 in 5 cars fail their MOT test every year – costing more than £2bn in repairs (Allianz Your Cover)
- Out of 1,500 motorists surveyed, only 44% knew the correct stopping distance when travelling at 60mph – 240ft (TomTom)
Find out more about these stats and read our feature article about time management in your copy of the only independent driving instructor magazine, adiNEWS.