Before we head home to our families we wanted to share this infographic on how to drive in bad weather from TW White and Sons.
In case of an emergency…
It’s better to be prepared than to be caught short so stock up your car with some essential items including:
- Jump leads
- Fully charged mobile phone
- Torch with batteries
- Reflective triangle
- Power bars
- Ice scraper
- Fire aid kit
- Water bottles
- Warm cloths/blankets
Winter Driving Tips – An infographic by T W White & Sons
It’s a bit windy Pertuna
In high winds keep your speed down, the faster you’re travelling the further off course you’re likely to drift in a sudden gust.
- Keep both hands on the wheel
- Allow an extra 10 minutes before your journey to prepare your car, making sure that all windows are clear
- If you have to use brakes then apply them gently
- Have a 50/50 mix of antifreeze and water in the cooling system in winter
- In snow, pull away in second gear to avoid wheel spin
For more tips on how to drive in bad weather check out the infographic below.