Skip to Navigation Skip to Content

Call us today on 0343 351 9073

Reveal Navigation
Frequently asked questions (FAQ)

Frequently asked questions (FAQ)

We’ve compiled at list of the frequently asked questions about leasing with us. Each month we will review your queries and update the list with useful and easy-to-access information to answer your questions.

Current lease queries

If you have a question related to a current lease, please click on the manufacturer logo below that matches your current vehicle for specific answers about servicing, maintenance and breakdown assistance.

  • Citroen
  • Fiat
  • Ford
  • Peugeot
  • Renault
  • Seat
  • Toyota
  • Vauxhall

Who do I call for roadside assistance?

If your vehicle is out of its manufacturers warranty your roadside assistance is covered by RAC. Click on the individual manufacturer logos above for more details.

What is covered by roadside assistance?

Breakdown recovery is only to be used in the event of a mechanical breakdown. Any other non-mechanical related breakdowns such as punctures, accidents, blown bulbs or driver related damage will not be authorised and it is your responsibility to pay for these.

Can I get a replacement car?

Yes if your vehicle is off the road due to a mechanical defect. We operate a 48-hour breakdown policy which starts from when you notify us the vehicle is off the road and in the garage. It is your responsibility to notify us of any breakdown. Please contact our breakdown team for assistance by calling 0116 288 8288 and selecting option 4.

When does my car need to be serviced?

Please click on the manufacturer logo above that matches your current lease vehicle for details on servicing requirements.

Is it my responsibility to ensure the car is serviced?

Yes. It is your responsibility to ensure the car is serviced in line with the service intervals specified. We have a tolerance of one month or 1,000 miles of the service interval. Failure to maintain the vehicle will result in you being charged for invalidating the warranty.

Where do I take my car for a service?

You need to take it to the nearest main dealer as appropriate. Click on the manufacturer logos above for details.

Who pays for the car to be serviced?

We will cover the cost of your service providing the garage contacts us for authorisation before they commence any work on the vehicle. The payment will be made direct to the garage.

We will cover the cost of all service items listed in the Fair, Wear and Tear guide.

Can I get a copy of the service history?

Yes. For the service history of your vehicle, please check the service book or the sticker placed in the front window. Any queries please call us on 0343 351 9073 and select option 2, followed by option 4.

Who will pay for the replacement of tyres?

We will replace worn tyres, however, we will not cover the cost of punctures or accidental damage. Please also note that replacement tyres will be budget tyres. It is your responsibility to ensure the locking wheel nut key is kept safe and not damaged.

Where can I get my tyres replaced?

Tyres must be replaced by ATS Euromaster, account no. 934086.

Find your nearest ATS centre online or book an online appointment here:

I want to change my Direct Debit details, what do I need to do?

Please call the customer payments department on 0343 351 9073 and select option 2, followed by option 5.

What do I do when my Road Fund Licence (car tax) expires?

The paper tax disc was abolished on 1 October 2014 so you will not receive a tax disc in the post but Hitachi Capital will continue to tax your vehicle. Check the tax status of your vehicle online

I want to take my car abroad, do I need any additional paperwork?

Yes. Please call 0343 351 9073, select option 2 followed by option 4. You will be issued a VE103B certificate by us, on behalf of the BVRLA for £25.

General FAQs

Scroll down to see our general FAQs.

What do I have to pay to lease a car?

At the beginning of a lease we require £45 non-refundable documentation fee plus one month rental prior to the delivery of your new vehicle. The fixed monthly lease costs will depend on the term and mileage options you choose.

What information do you need before I lease?

At the beginning of a lease we require a copy of your ADI/PDI badge, driving licence.

What is AdBlue?

See our full list of frequently asked questions about AdBlue

Can't see the car you want?

Get in touch for bespoke contract hire on a variety of brand new cars. Special offers available each month too.

Request a call back Contact us